The Warming Hut

Welcome to the Warming Hut. This is my family, my husband the ski instructor, my daughter the snow bunny, my son the downhill dude and myself the ski patrol. We thank you for visiting our corner of the world. Enjoy your day--we will!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The newest Mitchell!!

This is our sweet boy. In these pix he is 15 months. He is now 20 months. Hopefully soon we will get some new info on him. The info we have is actually pretty vauge. He loves the beeper in the car, he likes to bang blocks together, he loves his caretaker, and his favorite foods are cake and fruit!! He'll fit right in with us(cake and fruit), and of course we all like to bang blocks together!!
I like this picture a lot, I am guessing that they just took him out of his favorite car!! He's like hey the car, put me back in the car!!
We had been on the NSN list for 3 and a half years. Every time someone asked for the last 3 and a half years I have said 1 more year! And that was truly what we thought. Our agency, was allowed to begin SN adoptions on December 1st of this year. They told all of us who were allready signed and waiting for NSN children on Thanksgiving. So Fred and I thought about it and thought some more. Then we got home and a friend asked me how much longer and I said 1 to 2 years and I thought no way--- did I just say that again!! So Fred and I talked about it and we called the agency to get more info. We called them on Dec. 2 at noon. They told me they would send us the list of SN to check off on and please get this back to them, I told them we were not sure yet. I got the list and called Fred and began to do some major soul searching, and some major SN searches. He got home and the agency called to tell us the list had just come out and if we wanted them to they would try to find us a referral that night...we sent the list. Normally people spend days or weeks on these things. We also had a lot of other paperwork to fill out ...so S bunny got to watch a lot of TV that day. The next day I got a call at noon saying we had a referral!!! WOW!! We fell in love just like that! SB was thrilled!!! Not a sister but a brother!! We had asked SN for a boy or girl. In China right now there are a lot of beautiful baby boys who need homes. We are over the top thrilled and after so long of nothing this was a total whirlwind!! So we should be going to China in 2-5 months to pick up our little boy!!! Things are really speeding up on the SN front so hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!!
As soon as we have updated info or pictures I will post them.
As soon as we pick out a name I will post, right now we are trying to decide on a name and trying to catch our breath...WOW!!

4 comments:

Henrietta said...

Gammie agrees ... he wants his car back ... or rather, his car horn! What a cutie. This Gammie is also pretty adept at banging blocks together!
Life is so very good.

Mama Darling said...

Hey, we're all for banging blocks around here! We are so excited for you. Can't wait to hear more info. Get those bags packed! We used Blessedkids to send a b-day package to DB. If you want more info let me know...thinking about maybe a Christmas package . We want him HERE before his b-day!

Mommy Spice said...

Yeah!! Congratulations!! What a handsome little fellow!! We are going to have to make a trip up there when he gets home and settled. I can't wait to meet Snowbunny's baby brother!!

I am soooo happy for you guys!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations to all of you. I hope all the waiting goes fast and that your wait is on the shorter end of the time frame. Let us know his name when you decided.